WELCOME, I'M BOBBY KERN, YOUR INDIANA DEMOCRAT CANDIDATE FOR STATE SENATOR WITH A PROUD VISION OF UNITING AND EMPOWERING INDIANA BY STRENGTHENING THE FABRIC OF OUR FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES TO ONCE AGAIN THRIVE TOGETHER STRONGLY AND COHESIVELY AS HOOSIERS TO OBTAIN THE AMERICAN DREAM.
Stop Drug Addiction and Trafficking
Common Sense & Safety in public Schools
Fund Police Increase Public Safety
Protect Families & Children
My model has always been "listen, learn and act with love" for Indiana constituents. In 1998 the New York Times and Salon Magazine highlighted my winning the primary for Congressional Seat of District 6 in strong support of serving and protecting the American citizens of Indiana. As your next Indiana senator together we can unite our community toward reaching the following important goals:
1. Kern for kids is my promise to put children and families first. Children must have a voice which they do not presently have. We must protect our children from being exploited by the internet, predators and by adult topics. Human trafficking must be stopped and viewed as the sadistic violent crime that it is warranting penalties as great as death for traumatizing and robbing iives and futures. Children should be focused on being children in safe, wholesome environments including schools where their innocence is protected allowing them to develop solid characters, discover and build their talents, social skills, friendships, communication skills and reflect on what path they are interested in taking in life to become an integral part of their community and society. Its widely documented in the works of Eric Erickson and Abraham Maslow that confusing and sexualizing children under age 18 in developmental years is very damaging to their identity, sense of self worth and aspirations. Children should never be asked to contemplate adult topics like gender and sexuality during developmental years. It is so important to teach children how to protect themselves against the manipulation of predators and perverseness.
2. Indiana schools must be wholesome environments that promote the safe and solid development of children. Indiana is the state with the greatest number of autistic children in our nation and must be inclusive of this community. Together we can pursue federal funds presently available to create divisions within schools for special needs students making schools more versatile and inclusive of all children with Autism. ADHD, Down Syndrome, etc. In general, both students and teachers should be able to attend school without fear. Teachers should be able to teach in their classrooms without carrying weapons or being intimidated by students or other facility. Students should be versed on appropriate, considerate and respectful conduct toward peers and teachers without being disruptive. Students who remain disruptive and uncooperative may be transferred to an Army, Receive World Class Training (ROTC) program where they learn interpersonal skills and the benefits of respect, attaining goals, teamwork and leadership.
3. As a past paralegal for the Marion County Public Defenders office, I believe public safety is never negotiable. Endangering the lives of others and peddling toxic substances is just as unsafe and unjust as is de funding the police. Illegal activity trafficking substances and even people creates life long trauma in victims destroying lives, hopes, dreams and goals. Funding police is important because they stand guard at the watchtower as a first line of defense and barrier against criminal predators who prey upon and endanger the lives and well being of our families and communities. Just like each of us, at the end of the day officers want to go home safe to their families after performing brave services for the community to stop criminal activity, uphold the laws we put in place and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
5. Reforming the judicial process for sentencing criminals with non violent or non sexual offenses will help to eliminate the stigma of a felony on record that would haunt someone for the rest of their lives preventing them from attaining employment and housing and pursuing a professional, ethical career.
6. Rehabilitation centers and programs would be ideal as an alternative for non violent drug and alcohol offenders. Rather than send them to prison, send them to rehab centers where they will gain coping skills, addiction management skills and reflect on healthy new life choices. They will also be monitored for progress and compliance. Those who do not comply will face prison especially if their drug use continues and endangers their own lives and the lives of others as non compliant with the courts judicial system.
These are the goals we will achieve together as a community united by ethics, morals and values bridging all cultural heritage for the betterment of humanity in Indiana.
Donate to Bobby Kern Campaign and Help Shape Indiana, the Best State In the Union to Work, Play, Educate and Raise A Family.
PAID FOR BY THE COMMITTEE/PEOPLE TO ELECT BOBBY KERN